Benefits of VI Equicare
VI Equicare provides a single contracting authority for a wide range of medical initiatives for insurance carriers, third party administrators, employers, and the cruise line industry. Within our network of healthcare providers, VI Equicare performs a number of service and organizational functions including credentialing, education and information, quality assurance, and communication. These services are a cornerstone of our ability to provide the right balance of cost and quality.
As an integral part of healthcare delivery in the Territory, the healthcare providers of VI Equicare understand the incentives, attitudes, and expectations of other stakeholders. VI Equicare and our participating providers work together to support the interests of the insured, the medical community, payers, businesses, and the local government. Alliance with VI Equicare offers important advantages.
Benefits to Insurance Carriers and Third Party Administrators
- Single Signature Contracting: Our PPO model allows for expedient negotiations and single signature authority for participating physicians and other allied health and ancillary providers and clinics.
- Increased Financial Predictability: A stream-lined reimbursement process and the elimination of balance billing help take the surprise out of health care for purchasers and payers.
- Extensive Provider Network: Health plan members have fast and simplified access to the vast majority of the healthcare practitioners, both primary and specialty care, throughout the islands of St. Croix, St. Thomas, and St. John. Included are home health care, durable medical equipment, physical and chiropractic rehabilitation, mental health care, skilled nursing, diagnostic clinical laboratory, imaging facilities, and other medical services. This comprehensive network provides the choice that enhances enrollee satisfaction while allowing for significantly greater flexibility in benefit design.
- Quality and Affordability: By combining quality protocols that help assure high levels of care with discounted reimbursement rates, payers can achieve the right balance of quality and cost.
- Focus on Preventive Services: Along with acute care resources, VI Equicare providers can help enrich plan designs and benefits packages with a comprehensive range of clinical and informational services that emphasize wellness and preventive care.
- The Information You Need: VI Equicare is involved in and aware of local medical issues and projects that will enhance your knowledge of the local insurance market.
- A Bridge to Health Care: Sponsored by local physicians and administered by people in the community, VI Equicare puts a familiar face on healthcare and helps form a more manageable and amicable relationship between the payer and the local community.
Benefits to Employers
- Increased Financial Predictability: Significantly more efficient reimbursement and the elimination of balance billing means you and your employees will not have any confusion regarding costs and payment.
- Extensive Provider Network: Your employees have fast and simplified access to the best physicians and mental health providers throughout the US Virgin Islands, plus home health care, medical equipment supplies, rehabilitation, diagnostic imaging, and clinical laboratory testing, and more.
- Satisfied Employees: Offering a comprehensive panel of physicians and other providers and services allows employees and their families to maintain healthcare relationships. More importantly, your employees retain their ability to choose their provider.
- Focus on Acute Care and Preventive Services: Along with a full range of care and treatment for illness and injury, VI Equicare participating providers offer preventive services that enhance workforce health and productivity. Tailored to your specific needs, available services include periodic physicals; hearing, vision, and cardiac function tests; drug screenings; flu shots; and a variety of health screening programs.
- Quality and Affordability: By combining quality protocols that help assure high levels of medical care, expedient return for injured employees, and preventive strategies that reduce lost work time, VI Equicare providers help make sure you don’t have to compromise on cost or quality.
Benefits to the Cruise Line Industry
- Best Choice for Healthcare: As the highest-volume cruise line port in the Caribbean, St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands, offers comprehensive medical facilities and capabilities, English-language providers, continuity, and convenience for lines and crews that have historically received medical care at this place of service, and the familiarity and reliability of a U.S. island territory.
- Flexibility to Meet Turnaround Needs: VI Equicare and our participating healthcare providers offer priority scheduling to accommodate cruise ship turnaround requirements.
- Focus on Acute Care and Preventive Services: Along with a full range of medical care for illness and injury, VI Equicare practitioners provide a comprehensive and competitive package of preventive services that enhance crew health and productivity. Tailored to your specific needs, available services include periodic physicals; hearing, vision and cardiac function tests; drug screenings; fitness for duty evaluations; flu shots; and a variety of health screening programs.
- Increased Financial Predictability: VI Equicare can help eliminate billing complications and errors through experienced administrative personnel who re-price and review claims before submission. Adherence to the negotiated fee schedule and the opportunity for discounts off usual and customary rates also help create healthcare with no surprises.
- Quality and Affordability: Through the combination of stringent credentialing requirements, appropriate referral, and attention to cost containment, VI Equicare maintains the necessary balance of cost and quality.